Financial institutions and finance
Bruun & Hjejle’s finance and financial regulation practice provides advice and assistance to banks, mortgage banks, Danish Ship Finance, investment funds, hedge funds, pension funds, securities dealers and brokers, providers of electronic payment systems, other financial services firms and special sector organizations and institutions. We also provide advice to and assist private equity funds and corporates.
Our financial regulations practice includes, inter alia:
- Establishment of financial services businesses
- Cross border financial services
- Capital requirements and core capital structuring
- Outsourcing arrangements
- MiFID related issues
- Mergers and acquisitions of financial services businesses
- Regulatory proceedings before financial supervisory bodies
- Special issues relating to the financial crisis and related governmental schemes
Our financing practice advice regarding, inter alia:
- Acquisition and leveraged finance, including senior, mezzanine and subordinated loans and inter creditor arrangements
- Other types of loan finance, including project finance
- Security arrangements, including floating charges, mortgages over real estate, share charges, assignment of receivables, guarantees and sureties, account pledges etc.
- Refinancings and restructurings
- Debt capital markets, including issues of bonds, medium term notes, convertibles, hybrid tier 1 notes and other forms of securities
- Derivatives, including equity, interest rate and commodity linked products, repos and stock lending
- Issuing of legal opinions
The financing practice often works on teams with lawyers from our capital markets, M&A, real estate and insolvency practices. In contentious matters we work together with our dispute resolution lawyers.